This is a place where ideas on innovation are given and shared. Please look for interesting content and comments on the management of innovation.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Failure to Innovate

In the coming months I will be developing my thoughts on a topic that has been rattling around in my brain for some time now; our failure to innovate. Economic stagnation has made apparent the many forces that influence abilities for companies to innovate and from those innovations to grow. These forces, unless addressed, will continue to influence our ability to grow economically.
To start, I am researching historical periods of business growth, and correlating that growth to forces that supported innovation during those times. At the same time, I am looking at periods of economic stagnation, and identifying forces that hindered growth, using this perspective to understand our current economic state.
Among the influencing forces I have currently identified I include the elements of what I call “Growth Ecosystems”, including the concept of “Econo-Diversity”, the power of leveraged capital, the influence of corporate ambition, and the counter-innovative forces of the efficiency programs corporations have embraced.
Finally, I will identify necessary changes that can be made to set things right by addressing our Growth Ecosystem, including the need to balance public/private partnerships, get serious about education, and the need to reorient corporate ambition.
As I take this journey I ask for your thoughts and input. Understand, although I am digging deep into these issues, I am using this blog to post doughy ideas, play devil’s advocate, and occasionally state un-truths that will help to challenge my operating assumptions.
Thanks for your time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home